Contract Management Specialist for Calls for Proposals
- qualification in Economics, Business Administration or similar subjects;
- at least 5 years experience in a similar position, or any position which provides an excellent basis for the required tasks;
- good working knowledge of modern ITC (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet and its software);
- knowledge of use of GIZ Intranet to get familiar with OuR of financing;
- excellent knowledge of Excel;
- experience with WINPACCS cost control would be an asset;
- very good knowledge of English, Russian and Kyrgyz languages (German is an asset);
- good communication skills;
- well organised and structured work attitude;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
The specialist is responsible to:
- support formulation of guidelines and other documents needed for Call for Proposals (CfP);
- train and coach the applicants for CfP on financial management in cooperation with the international finance manager;
- check documents provided by the contracted applicants;
- smooth and correct monitoring of contracts concluded in the frame of CfP;
- filing the respective documents in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
- support audits executed in the frame of CfP and EU Co-financing;
- support preparation of budget planning especially for CfP.
1. Contract management for CfP in Jalal-Abad
- provides advice and training to contracted applicants on LS and GA;
- prepares LS, takes care for VAT exemption and sends contracts to International Finance Manager for further processing, once procedures are established directly to Country office;
- prepares GA, supports checking of financial and legal eligibility and sends GA to International Finance Manager for further processing with HQ;
- trains and coaches contracted applicants in GIZ contract award procedures for sub-contracts (procurement, services, works, special rules for construction);
- takes care of punctual invoicing by applicants, maintains a contract monitoring file;
- checks vouchers, invoices, receipts, accounting documentation and documentation of contract award procedures followed by contracted applicants for LS and GA;
- regular coaching of and advice to contracted NGOs in close cooperation with the development worker;
- supports contracted applicants in preparing pre-financing requests;
- prepares and supports audits in the frame of CfP in cooperation with the international finance manager;
- supports budget planning for CfP.
2. Support of preparation of Call for Proposals in Jalal-Abad
The specialist on contract management for CfP:
- supports development of guidelines for CfP especially financial parts;
- works closely with CfP project coordinator, development worker and professional staff and team leader on elaboration of all documents for CfP, such as guidelines, application forms, evaluation procedures and schemes;
- executes training of NGOs in cooperation with the CfP coordinator and the development worker;
- takes care for fair competition between applicants by keeping documents confidential before launching the Calls;
- translates (smaller) documents in the frame of CfP which are not translated by professional translator.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- replaces the administrative manager of Jalal-Abad office in her absence for accounting and most in-demand administrative and financial issues;
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Please, note, that the Duty Station for the position is Jalal-Abad. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply by sending your CV, letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked «Specialist on Contract Management» to the email firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 on 20.05.2019.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.