Project Coordinator in GIZ Integrated Rural Development Programme
- MA/MSc in Economics or an area that is related to the programme objectives with a focus on a relevant field;
- at least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- experience in working with State bodies;
- fluent written and oral knowledge of Kyrgyz, Russian and English;
- working knowledge of German is a strong asset;
- management experience would be an asset;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
The coordinator for calls and liaison with partners is responsible to:
- manage the process of calls for proposals;
- adapt existing guidelines to the topic of the respective call;
- ensure proper information on conditions of calls, provide training for applicants;
- ensure innovation and knowledge management;
- coordinate activities and approaches with assigned program coordinator, advisors in Jalal-Abad, finance and PR units;
- contribute to monitoring of project outcomes and outputs, and support the M&E Manager;
- keep close and effective relationship with partner Ministries;
- support team leader in all communication with the partners in Bishkek.
1. Advising the partner institution(s)
- prepares and ensures implementation and documentation of workshops, trainings/seminars and other events on issues connected with the calls for proposals;
- prepares and executes information events for applicants;
- prepares answers to questions from applicants during proposal development;
- supports the development / adaptation of criteria for evaluation and preparation of evaluation grids;
- organizes meetings of the evaluation committee, ensures that minutes are taken and the evaluation report is written in due time;
- develops and organises quality assurance for calls and implemented works, suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives;
- in cooperation with other coordinators, technical advisors and M&E specialist, consults local NGOs on their concepts to be implemented;
- communicates with the team and manager on challenges faced by NGOs, develops approaches to tackle these challenges;
- takes part in the formulation of the project action plans and facilitates synchronization between the planning and budgeting system;
- executes field visits to the regions and to Bishkek in accordance with the requirements of the programme;
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives;
- ensures communication with the partner Ministries about official issues such as Steering Committee, Implementation Agreement and others, e.g. Evaluation Committee;
- organizes Steering Committee meetings and ensures that the agenda points are worked out in the team.
2. Networking and cooperation
- develops and maintains contacts with all relevant national, regional and international stakeholders;
- represents the programme at regional and national levels, especially in the field of Calls for Proposals and cooperation with CSO / NGOs;
- communicates with all relevant actors (e.g. respective person in Ministry of Economy in Bishkek, NGOs in Jalal-Abad and Bishkek;
- cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, CSO / NGOs and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- cooperates with other GIZ and EU projects in the region, collects and circulates relevant information, disseminates project experiences, and develops a database;
- cooperates with the PR specialist and contributes to the development of the website with information relevant for applicants.
3. Knowledge management
- contributes to project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation;
- monitors the development and implementation of programme plans and activities;
- ensures knowledge transfer to programme information;
- develops and / or adapts ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- draws up reports and presentation documents;
- prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office;
- assists with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit joint programmes.
4. Coordination tasks
- coordinates with the PR specialist for preparation and implementation of events to ensure correct visibility of the BMZ, GIZ and EU;
- coordinates relevant project activities in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners;
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting);
- assists assigned national and international consultants.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply by sending your CV, letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked «Project Coordinator» to the email email@example.com before 17:00 on 20.05.2019.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.